Welcome to the Faceit Documentation
Faceit is a Blender Add-on that assists you in creating complex facial expressions for arbitrary 3D characters.
An intuitive, semi-automatic and non-destructive workflow guides you through the creation of facial shape keys that are perfectly adapted to your 3D model's topology and morphology, whether it’s a photorealistic human model or a cartoonish character. You maintain full artistic control while saving a ton of time and energy.
Read the Getting Started section, before browsing the rest of the documentation!
Faceit 1.7 - Dedicated ARKit Toolset
Faceit 1.7 is the base tool that is packed with all features that you might need for ARKit motion capture and many more.
- Rig your characters face in an easy and intuitive process.
- Semi-automatically create the 52 ARKit shape keys and give them personality.
- Create a full fledged slider based control rig to animate the shape keys.
- Import recorded motion capture animations to the control rig or directly to the shape keys!
- Animate and record live in the viewport, without any additional tools required.
- Join the face rig to any body rig automatically.
- Many more additional tools & utilities that make facial animation a fun experience.
- As a bonus, Faceit 1.7 includes the import and retargeting tools for Audio2Face motions.
Faceit 2.2 - Unlimited Expressions
Faceit 2.2 extends the functionality of version 1.7 by a range advanced features. It is dedicated to professionals who need to create shape keys beyond the 52 ARKit expressions. It allows to create, export and import custom expressions and comes with a number of expression presets, that will be expanded over time. You can share your own expression presets as content packs.
- Create, import and export custom expressions! Reorder, add or remove expressions by the press of a button!
- Choose from a number of presets shipped with Faceit. (Presets will be expanded over time)
- Tongue movements, visemes, FACS, or whatever it is that you always missed among Faceit expressions. You can now create it!
Faceit 2.2 - Studio (2 - 9 Seats)
The Studio version is dedicated to studios with multiple users. It is also a means to support development with bigger funds. By purchasing the Studio version you get access to Faceit version 2.2 with an identical feature set.